Code PHP and Python on mobile (s60v3)
So you want to code on your phone, huh?
indispensable tools which you’ll need depend on what phone you have.
Here I will show you what do you need to install if you have a s60v3 nokia phone with at least 64mb of RAM, like N95, N95 8GB or E90. If you don’t know how to code in Python -look here for PHP tutorial – look here
- s60v3 phone with at least 64mb of RAM (that amount of ram is needed to run PAMP)
- SU-8W keyboard (without it you’ll run out of thumbs)
Software for developing Python apps:
- Python For S60 1.4.2 or never (first install PythonForS60_1_4_2_3rdEd.SIS and then PythonScriptShell_1_4_2_3rdEd.SIS, documentation file can be found there also)
- PED – a text and python script editor for s60 (to input code comfortably, moreover if’ll ever feel a need, you can edit it)
- view and add it to bookmarks: http://wiki.opensource.nokia.com/projects/PyS60_applications
some nice apps and modules can be found there
Software for developing PHP apps:
Known Issues on PAMP:
- I wasn’t able to connect any mysql database with PAMP, so probably the only thing that’s left is to save all data in normal files.
- Zend Framework doesn’t seem to work on PAMP.
Some apps written in Python:
- ASPY Player – Music player for Symbian S60 devices with Last.fm scrobbling built-in (by Douglas Fernando da Silva)
- PyAsk - App asking from predefined words (by Me)
Sometimes I think to myself that I don’t really need a laptop as long as I don’t do much graphic.
Nokia N95 8GB have enourmous possibilities and I wouldn’t change it for e90, since SU-8W is a lot more comfortable keyboard.
Filed under: Informatics, Mobile, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Programming, pys60, Python, Science | 6 Comments
Tags: code, Mobile, n95 8gb, php, Programming, pyask, Python