Systematic for iOS
The following quote captures the essence of Aristotle’s philosophy and uncovers a lot of motivation behind my new iOS app called Systematic.
However the real source of motivation to create this app has been my year long stay in Valencia (Spain), where more then ever before have I learned about the benefits of a well balanced life.
Not only did the balance get me more productive, but it also got me much more relaxed.
However getting to this wonderful point of balance took my about 3/4 of a year in Spain. So I’ve begin to wonder how could I speed up the whole process. How do I free myself from procrastination? Perhaps with some kind of system that would help keeping life well balanced?
Could one of the old systems be used to get to a more balanced life?
- No, calendars are too rigid for this new purpose.
- Calendars are useful for things that you must do, at a certain hour like work, lectures or meetings.
- No, reminders need constant attention and are annoying if not set to the right hour.
- Reminders are useful for things that you need to remember.
- No, todo lists do not repeat the task over periods of time.
- Todo lists are good for keeping a list of task connected with a certain project.
So I’ve needed to develop my own application.
An app that would keep track of the tasks that you want to do repeatedly and suggest them at the right moment.
I’m really glad with how the app turned out as it’s extremely helpful for me for a bunch of reasons:
- I don’t get overwhelmed by the number of tasks I need to accomplish.
- It doesn’t tell me “Do X now”, it tells me “Hey, here’s a bunch of things you could be doing right now ordered by the ones most neglected”.
- I don’t need to keep track of all the things in my head.
- I know that even if I don’t get everything done perfectly, after some time I’ll get more efficient and do things better.
Although I already have a roadmap till version 1.1, I’m open for suggestions!
Tell me what functionality in your opinion is missing or what you’d change.
Enjoy a better life with Systematic.
Filed under: Systematic | 10 Comments
Tags: aristotle, habbit, hobby, iOS, iphone, management, motivation, pro, Systematic, time, work