Room Visualization Part 1 – Walls and Padding’s
Writing everything on this blog has a lot of positive sights. Firstly I can easily and quickly find any information that I need, due to excellent tag system. I don’t have to worry (at least I believe so :P) about the safety of my data, cause there are not in my drawer or even hard drive. Furthermore those data can be useful for someone who is reading my blog (is there anybody? ;)) and is interested in the topic…
Playing around with 3dsmax last days (and waiting long for the renders :P) I decided to document the progress of my work.
Everything started from an urge to project a char handler which would carry my phone… I tried autoCAD, but it seemed to much effort to learn it and then I reminded myself that I’ve been experimenting with 3d studio max from my early childhood. When I turned 3dsmax again I felt so fascinated with its possibilities that I instantly changed my mind – I decided to do the whole my room in it.
Yes, I’m a beginner I’ve never tried to do realistic scenes before, but I’ve got time (lots of time since I’ve injured my leg unluckily), so don’t get my work too serious.
In all parts of this article I will try to use the same scheme to keep it clear. They will all start from a few pictures of the room from different angles with a short labels what I wanted to show.
Secondly it will contain a few categories, such as Modeling, Materials, Lights, Rendering and Corrects in which I will sum up my progress, on the end of each I will probably write some Notes… Let’s Blast Off!
- I’ve measured my room walls and done a accurate model of them with a cut’s in places where the wall color changes.
- Window frame (A handle is still missing)
- Window sill
- I think that I’ve done the walls good enough, I mean that the color fits the original one and floor material too. However I can’t stop the wall from reflecting the color of the floor.
- Temporary I’ve assigned a material to the sill and to the window frame.
- I used the Max default ProMaterials, adjusting a little preferences mainly by enabling the Stain Application and changing the default texture.
- I used Max’s Daylight System and allowed him to enable Final Gather. I created also a mr Sky Portal on the window’s glass surface. The compass was set as in my real location and the time was switched to 12:17 13.08.2008
- mr Sun Settings: default
- mr Sky Portal Settings: increased Multipler to 1,5 and Shadow Samples to 64
- Exposure Control: changed to mr Photographic Exposure Control
- mr Photographic Exposure Control: Exposure Value (EV) changed to 10,5
- Final Gather Settings: Bounces increased to 5, Image Precision: Medium, Final Gather Precision: Low
- I’ve put all things in separate layers like furniture, lightning, walls etc..
- I enabled the viewport background to see the the lightning changes directly in viewport.
- There’s still 99% of work before me… I think that the biggest problem will be to do the proper materials and maps for my models. I wished to apply here some automatics too, for example to make a bed that changes to a sofa as I have in my room.
- I don’t render the scene at full settings cause there not much done yet so i don’t want to waste to much time. However the rendering of the Interior took me 17 minutes :]
Open for comments and suggestions.
Filed under: 3dsmax, Informatics, Visualization | 4 Comments
Tags: 3d, 3dsmax, architecture, lightning, materials, max, project, ranza, rendering, room, studio, Visualization, walls, window